Residential Life and Housing


Canceling On-Campus Housing

What to do when you need to change your living arrangements.

Students requesting to cancel their housing agreement must submit the Housing Cancellation Request form to be considered for release from the Annual Housing Agreement.

Except in the case of midyear graduation or withdrawal from the institution, this contract is binding from the date of occupancy to the end of the current academic year. The agreement period begins at 10:00 a.m. on the day before the first day of classes and ends 24 hours after the resident’s last exam or 5:00 p.m. on the last day of final examinations, whichever is earlier. A resident may be released from this agreement only if approved by a special committee that shall review each request individually and with reference to prevailing University policy for granting such waivers.

To fill out the form electronically: Please visit the Housing-Self Service icon (located within eCampus Services):

  • Click the “Applications” tab
  • Select the “Housing Cancellation Request”
  • Read the agreement carefully
  • Complete the electronic signature and required questions

Please visit the Office of Residential Life and Housing or your Residence Hall Director if you need help completing this form or require a paper version.

Please be advised the Housing Agreement and all housing costs are binding for the full academic year.
Follow Adelphi Res Life at:      

For further information, please contact:

Residential Life and Housing
Earle Hall, Room 100
p – 516.877.3650
e –

Apply Now
Request Information